Friday, August 12, 2011


So, I vented on FB about not having babies and being sick of talking to people about it. And The Chief didn't think it was appropriate or ladylike. Fair enough. But judging on how frequently I curse and vent without any comment from him on there, I have to assume the real problem is that he's upset because he is one of the people constantly bringing up that I should have kids right now. It all started the day of my bridal shower in fact, so I think it's safe to say I've been hearing this from people for long enough. As evidence, here's some of my FB statuses that didn't raise his ire:

July 13: Goddamn it. I'd say this makes me angry, but I'm sure the Milk Board would just chalk it up as PMS and tell me I need to drink more milk.

July 8: I'd think this would be a no brainer and I'm sure it's my fault for making my phone number easy to find, however - I'm not interested in part-time business opportunities, pyramid schemes, or w/e other bullshit you're peddling for extra $$. So if you'd like for me not to wish you dead, do not under any circumstances give my number to your "business associates" and have them call me at 7:23am HST. You know who you are.

June 19: Happy Father's Day to all the poppas out there...especially the best one ever, Michael Berry (aka The Chief) [ed note: Added for brownie points as I'm sure this whole post will only piss him off more]

May 20: I surely don't qualify anyway, but in case Jesus is taking a headcount--Anyplace that won't let me bring my kitties isn't a place I want to go.

April 27: "I will not accept that Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate." [ed note: Added because I still think it's funny]

April 20: Fuck yeah it is.

February 25: got a call to perform a lesbian wedding in June 2012. Yay for equality!

January 12: It comforts me sometimes to know that, if there is a Hell, Sarah Palin will most assuredly spend her eternity there for all the ignorance, hatred, and stupidity she spreads with no personal accountability for her actions.

November 14: hates people.

So, in retrospect, I need to use less profanity perhaps, not just on FB but also in real life. On the other hand, to thine own self be true. I am often crass, vulgar, and opinionated. It's what makes Chelsea, Chelsea. Why should I curtail my behavior for people on FB when I would never dream of asking them to do the same for my benefit? I welcome anyone who is in any way offended by something I say to tell me about it, and if I was really out of line I'll change my tune, or alternatively, you can either stop talking to me IRL, unfriend me, or simply remove my updates from your newsfeed. Plenty of people on my friends list drive me up the G-D wall with posts that, if not as profane, are at least as annoying and pointless. And I think most people know that I think you should be required to know the difference between there/they're/their before graduating middle school, but while I might jokingly (and possibly annoyingly) correct, I don't get upset or ask them to stop what they're doing.

The real issue, in summation, is that he didn't like the implication because he is one of the people frustrating me with this. And I get it. He wants to be a grandpa x2 and he's impatient. I know and understand it's well-meaning which is why I've let it go on for over 2 1/2 years, and why I haven't up to this point gone off on anyone for asking or even politely demanded they stop. But the bottom line--as frustrating as it may be--is that having kids is something that's between me and Mike. Only. Period. End of sentence. We're not being selfish by not sharing the intimate details of our life, we're simply entitled to that privacy. And being asked nearly daily about it doesn't make me any less stressed or annoyed, no matter how good the intentions.

2 comments:

  1. Don't change anything!!! I love your posts with all their crass and humor! Stay true to you, b/c your public loves it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you dear! To be honest, I don't think I could change if I tried...which I haven't.

    ReplyDelete